A few facts
1. Men have a higher percentage of water in their bodies than women.
2. You only get about 1 litre of your daily requirement of 2.5 – 3 litres of water from your food. You need to drink water to get the rest.
3. Water helps to keep your bloodstream liquid so it can flow and cushions your joints.
4. Water moisturises your skin so it looks and feels better.
5. Water is a shock absorber in the eyes, spinal cord and in the amniotic sac in pregnancy.
6. Most foods contain water, even the dry, hard ones.
7. Elderly people are at increased risk of dehydration because of declining kidney function, changes in hormones, lack of mobility, chronic illnesses and the effects of medication.
8. Stick to your daily water requirement; drinking too much could result in ‘water intoxication’.
9. It’s a myth that drinking water causes fluid retention. In fact, drinking water flushes out excess sodium and reduces fluid retention.
10. Your body does not store water so you must drink water every day.
A quick note, my very good friend Craig aka uncle Muppet, of Bungee Downunder fame, who’s job it was to pursued you to jump off a 150 ft platform into the sea at Nissi Beach, with just a rubber bungee tied to your ankles, used to drink 8 litres of water a day and not pee … just a thought ?
so drink more water guys …